ISO 14001:2015 Certification
ISO 14001:2015 is the most popular certification standard for EMS (environmental management system) worldwide. Your ISO 14001 certificate ensure your customers, stakeholders & environmental authorities that you have assessed impact of your activities over your surroundings & have taken proper measure to eliminate or minimise negative impact. ISO 14001 certification provides you a tool to control all your processes with environmental viewpoint.
ISO 14001 is an international standard that focus on the essentials for an Environment Management System. Through the more effective use of resources and reduction of waste it improves the Environment Management System of any organization. It gives the organizations an advantage in the increasing competition and trust of Stakeholders. Environment Management System (EMS) is a method of identifying, maintaining and dealing with an organization's environmental programs. It increases operating effectiveness and environmental performances. With an effective EMS there is increased efficiency, good management of resources and gives the organization a good image to the public and possible stakeholders.
Organizations can certify to ISO 14001:2015 because it is a free-willed standard.As a matter of facts we're the leading International Standard for design and creation of effective EMS. Organizations that are in dire need of creating, sustaining and modifying their current Environmental Management System, it is advisable to use ISO 14001:2015 certification. It has relevance that cuts across all organizations irrespective of specialization, locality and scope. The requirements can be used in any Environment Management System and it is determined by the organization's policy and service.
Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
There are a lot of gains and benefits organizations can get from been certified by ISO 14001:2015. Some of the benefits are:
- Provides an edge for the organization in the increasing competition. The competition in the market increases by the day and any organizations ISO 14001:2015 certification gives it an edge in the market.
- Guarantees customers and stakeholders trust always. With the ISO 14001:2015 certification, there's an assurance the customers and stakeholders will have in the organization. Reduction of wastage of resources.
- Manages and improves the organizations energy usage and increases environmental efficiency that reduces legal penalties
- Creates new business opportunities for the company. The ISO 14001:2015 certification creates a whole lots of opportunities for organizations.
- ISO 14001 ensures that all processes has been made environment friendly & hence your processes gets improved for maximum utilisation of resources.
- Your organisation gets ready for any kind of statutory, regulatory or buyers audit related to environmental management system.
- As EMS ISO 14001 certificate is issued for better environmental practices, image of your organisation gets improved among your customers & stake holders Lots of people seem to be comparing ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 14001:2004 but we can guarantee you that there's a whole lot of difference in the operations of the former and the latter. As the ISO 14001:2015 is an improvement of the old and archaic ISO 14001:2004 certification.
- In ISO 14001:2015 there is more emphasis on the communication system of the organization both internally and externally rather than that of the ISO 14001:2004. The ISO 14001:2015 certification uses a new structure called Annex SL template which was designed as an upgrade that provides a universal structure for any kind of Management system. The ISO 14001:2015 certification will not allow you establish an EMS without adequate knowledge of the internal and external context of the organization. The ISO 14001:2015 expects you to take into consideration the risks and opportunities that will affect the organization.